16 Week Beginner Marathon Training Plan
Sara CrawfordAll plans by this Coach
Perfect plan for the first time marathoner! Zones can be rate of perceived exertion or heart rate based.
3-4 days running per week. Begins at ~19 miles per week. Maximum of 39 miles in a week.
Strength training included, 2 days per week. Optional bike and swim cross training, 2-3 days per week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:07 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:56 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:16 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:07 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:56 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:16 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?