12 week Beginners Marathon Plan - From Olympic triathlete Tony Dodds
Tony DoddsAll plans by this Coach
This is a 12 week building Marathon plan.
Over the years I have seen successful and failed programs. The most successful programs are usually the most boring ones! Do not over complicate it! keep the repetitiveness and consistency up, you may not see it in the first few weeks, but keep at it and you will see by the end!
Hold yourself accountable, and get to work.
This program builds up from a 45min run all the way to a 2hr 30min long run by the end. Starting this program you should be able to complete a 40min run without stopping.
There are 2 Core/Strength programs most weeks (Only short). if you find this too much then use that as another rest day!
If you want a more individual program after, and get more in depth about progression, email me at evolvetriathloncoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:36 hrs||2:30 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:34 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:36 hrs||2:30 hrs|
||0:34 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?