Sage RountreeAll plans by this Coach
This plan will prepare you to run a 26.2-mile race by running four or five days a week with weekend runs building to a peak of three hours. It’s useful to have experience at shorter distances before you make this leap. A few successful half marathons will give you the experience and confidence to move to the full marathon. How will you know when you are ready? If you’ve followed my half marathon plan without injury, you should be good to go, and many of the workouts will be familiar. Otherwise, have a look at the first four-week block of this plan. If the first week looks totally doable, or even easier or shorter than what you’ve been doing, you’re probably ready. If it makes you flinch, start with the half marathon and target the full distance next year.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?