Marathon Training Plan with goal of 4:00 to 4:45
Sara CrawfordAll plans by this Coach
If you want to run a marathon with a goal time between 4 hrs and 4 hrs 45 min, this is the plan for you!
A standard week has 2 easy runs, an interval or tempo run, and a long run - plus 2 days of cross training and 1 rest day. Long runs range from 7 miles up to 24 miles. Rest day is on Sunday for maximum flexibility (miss a training day early in the week, and it becomes your rest day and you train on Sunday).
The plan is written for a 4 hour marathon (9 min pace). This is 10 sec faster than race pace in order to build a cushion for aid stations and the onset of fatigue at the end of the race.
The plan can be adjusted for other time goals as follows:
4:15 (9:35 pace) - 2:10 to 2:20 intervals, 9:20 to 9:25 tempo, 10:45 to 11:15 long
4:30 (10:10 pace) - 2:15 to 2:25 intervals, 9:55 to 10:00 tempo, 11:50 to 12:20 long
4:45 (10:42 pace) - 2:25 to 2:35 intervals, 10;25 to 10:30 tempo, 12:22 to 12:52 long
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:17 hrs||1:39 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:47 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:17 hrs||1:39 hrs|
||0:47 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?