Clive BoultonAll plans by this Coach
OVERVIEW - This is a 24 week Intermediate Marathon Plan that starts with a 10 week base phase, it builds from a low of 25miles per week to a peak week of around 52miles. It is periodised with essential recovery weeks and is focused towards runners aspiring to run under 3:45hrs (Men) and 4:00hrs (Women)
WHAT IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - This plan is focused at enabling an Intermediate Level Marathon Performance, this can be articulated in time terms as approximately sub 3:45hrs for men and sub 4:00hrs for women
WHO IS THIS TRAINING PLAN FOR - Invariably those embarking on this plan will have a some running background and will have spent a some time in the sport perhaps competing a marathon previously or a number of 10km's or Half Marathons. The plan would would also serve as great option for stronger Masters athletes aged 50 plus who maybe seeking good for age qualification at one of the World Marathon Majors or Boston Qualification.
NOTE: The plan also includes instructional videos for the Activation and Resilience, and Strength sessions
CALL: If requested the plan can also include 2x 30-40min video calls, the first at the beginning of the plan and the second at the athletes request as they work through the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.