Marathon Getting Started (Advanced)
Yannick Schwarz & Dr. Sebastian ZellerAll plans by this Coach
If you have been running 3-4 times a week, this plan is the first step towards systematic marathon preparation. It aims to further develop the basics and familiarize with 1-2 additional running sessions per week.
The focus lies on increasing your maximal aerobic capacity (VO2max) und optimizing your running form/ technique. Therefore high intensity training (HIT) is combined with easy running and drills.
Throughout this plan the weekly running distance is still low and the final week will give you time for active recovery. In the following plans overall volume will then be progressively increased and long runs incorporated. To build a solid foundation for the increased volume in the following training blocks, core training is included weekly.
After these four weeks you are ready for systematic training, higher training load and volume. Have fun getting started!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?