Michele Pettinger, RRCA Level II Certified Running Coach, Head Coach at P3 Running.All plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for the runner that has run at least one marathon and at the time of starting the plan has a base of 30 to 35 miles a week and a long run of 12 to 14 miles.
It's an 18 week plan, with both a Saturday race day and Sunday race day mapped out at the end.
The first 6 weeks you will continue to deepen your endurance with key workouts that include Hill Repeats and Steady State runs. It's at the end of Week 6 that you will run a 5k fitness test.
After the 5k, you will replace specified Hill and Steady State work with Track Workouts and Tempo runs. You will be given guidance at this time in how to incorporate specific paces into your runs, in conjunction with or in place of Zones.
You have the option of running a half marathon in week 11. Running the half marathon gives you the opportunity to practice race day clothing, nutrition, and hydration. It will also provide further data for zeroing in on your Marathon Goal Pace.
The plan also includes Core and Hip Stability and Strength workouts to ensure that you are caring for your foundation.
Coach Michele offers one, 15-minute complementary phone call to answer questions.
Coach Michele not only currently trains and races for ultra distances up to 100 miles, but she has coached several athletes to finishes from the 5k to the 200 mile distance.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.