Dennis WelchAll plans by this Coach
This program is designed with the intent of achieving your age specific Boston Qualifying time, and/or improve upon your current marathon time. While this program can be used by any level of runner, it is advised that you are currently running 4-6 days a week, are currently running <4 hours for the marathon, and are comfortable running continuous for 90-180 minutes.
It is also highly encouraged that you have or can acquire a tire pulling system prior to starting this program, as you will see tire pulling programmed regularly as warmups, and as well as part of workouts. These tire pulling systems are great for improving overall physical conditioning, but also in increasing specific running economy, efficiency, power to ground, and improving running mechanics and cadence. To set up a tire pulling system, purchase the harness (link below), find an old SUV sized vehicle tire, install an eye bolt on the center of the tread, and attached harness strap to tire. See video link below.
If you're already a Training Peaks member and want to join the Endurance Project team, then attach to my coaching link below, as well as our group facebook page to be a part of the Endurance Project VIP athletes group.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.