Andrew SimmonsAll plans by this Coach
18 Week Advanced Marathon Training Plan
This plan is ideal for an athlete who's got a solid running base underneath them. If you've had a number of 50 mile weeks and you're looking to build more towards your marathon - this is your plan! This plan is more focused on aerobic volume and 3 workouts every 10 days with Monday's OFF. This plan has been used 15+ times by athletes to produce 12 BQ's and faster!
This plan integrates 2 strength training sessions a week. This plan was update March of 2022 to add in a new bi-lateral strength training session mid-cycle to help off-set any issues that can crop up wiht moderate mileage. Saturday's in this plan are an optional 6th day of running or cross training. They are programmed as part of the mileage.
This program relies heavily on mid-week long runs to bolster your aerobic capacity and help you get stronger, these can always be run as doubles!
If you have questions please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.