Raymond BoardmanAll plans by this Coach
“Training for excellence, with excellent training.”
When you cross the finish line of your marathon, having ran faster than you have in recent events you will have accomplished something very special.
Designed for Intermediate runners who are looking to runner their marathon faster, the primary goal of this training plan is to prepare you to COMPLETE YOUR event FASTER than before.
Crafted by myself, Ray Boardman PGDipSportsMed, PGDipRehab, PGCertSc (Exercise Science), BSc (Anatomy), DipSportsStudies this plan encapsulates my passion for the sport, my experience from completing dozens of Half and Full marathon distance finishes and my success coaching hundreds of runners and triathletes.
Starting 24 weeks before the your marathon (this plan can be set to start when ever you want and you can reuse it), this plan progresses through phases to build you to your peak performance. Each week typically contains 3x runs and a flexibility session. You will build up to 2:30 hrs running in a single session. This programme is set up to use a running Power meter such as a Stryd to measure your intensity whilst running.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to run for 90min consistently.
Purchase of this plan gives you access to my fortnightly coaching calls where you can ask me any training or racing related questions.
Training for another race distance? I also have training plans for otherRunning Races (from 5k to marathon) as well as Triathlons, too.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.