The Q: Boston Marathon Qualifying Training Program/24 Weeks
Tony RichAll plans by this Coach
The ideal candidates for this program are experienced runners that may already be "trained up" and looking to qualify and get into the Boston Marathon. This comprehensive program is specifically designed to get them over the top.
The 24 week program incorporates 6 weeks of Base, 10 weeks of Build, and 8 weeks of peak volume that leads into 3 weeks of tapering. Largest peak volume week tops at 2.5x marathon distance (~65 Miles). Includes recovery weeks and easy days to rest and harvest gains. There is field testing every six weeks to assess advances. Comes with a companion 70+ page eBook with detailed instructions on how to qualify including race logistics. Also comes with a Running Performance Console spreadsheet based calculators with dashboard.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|5:29 hrs||3:00 hrs|
|0:38 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:27 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||5:29 hrs||3:00 hrs|
||0:38 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?