Lifelong Endurance: Coach Andrew SimmonsAll plans by this Coach
12 Week Sub 2:55 Advanced Marathon Block | 70-80 miles per week<
Built for athletes who are looking to achieve a NYC Marathon qualifying time or dip in under the 2:55 mark at their next marathon. The marathon block is big on miles, big workouts, and is for athletes looking for a good challenge.
Created by USATF Level 2 Endurance Coach and Athlete Andrew Simmons. This plan is built on the knowledge gained from years of coaching, and 10+ years as an amateur elite runner (38+ Marathon or longer distance race finishes, 10+ sub 2:50). Andrew has a passion for coaching that is evident in not only his personal performances but in the success his athletes see on race day.
This plan delivers a 12 week training schedule that will have you training 8-10+ hours per week with a standard 4 week periodization schedule. Each week follows a familiar pattern with recovery running days balancing your workout days. This plan focuses extensively on building your ability to manage your goal race pace. This includes implementing 2 speed or tempo workouts per week as well as integrating race specific workouts where you will run at or below race pace for extensive periods. This plan can be set to start on any Monday and will run for 12 Weeks.
Before you jump in you should be able to complete:
A challenging mountain 50K
Be confident with basic strength training movements
Marathon or longer nutrition and hydration strategies
You can find us on the web at https://lifelongendurance.com , if you would like to e-mail Coach Andrew e-mail: Coaches@lifelongendurance.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.