Peaking Twice: End of Tri-Season PB Marathon
Tatjana IvanovaAll plans by this Coach
"After the race is before the race” – this 8 weeks plan prepares triathletes for end of season marathon (or semi-marathon). This plan was proven to deliver a Personal Best by many athletes and includes as special bonus some favourite run and swim workouts of an Olympic Champion Nicola Spirig and Ironman Hawaii champions Daniela Ryf and Chris McCormack.
The main condition to start with this plan is to be fully recovered from your main "A" race – physically, emotionally and mentally.
You start with 2 weeks of mini-transition period. Then you have 3 weeks of increasing intensity, where in the 3rd week the volume is getting serious and 2 weeks of volume focus. Then 1 week of tapering and you are ready! With this compressed and very focused preparation cycle, you can truly be flying in your 2nd peak race!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:06 hrs||2:20 hrs|
|0:38 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:28 hrs||1:15 hrs|
|1:03 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:06 hrs||2:20 hrs|
||0:38 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:28 hrs||1:15 hrs|
||1:03 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?