Ronnie DelzerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is an easy to follow 16-week training schedule ideal for beginner and novice runners. The training load begins with 17 miles/week and tops out at 41 miles by week 12. Prior to beginning the training plan, the athlete should be running consistently (3-4 days/week) and be able to run six miles at an easy effort. This plan is focused with a proper balance of aerobic/easy running, intensity/speed work, rest/recovery days, and duration with longer workouts focused for the weekends. It also contains additional injury prevention exercises to do on an ongoing basis (dynamic stretching, core strength work, stability work), and tips to help you succeed complete the marathon with confidence.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.