MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is aimed at the Novice Level athlete who wants to complete a 42km Run in under 5 hours
The training starts at 4 hours and 46 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 7 hours and 24 minutes per week.
The sessions are based on %MHR (Max Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
What is included with the training plan?
Together with this plan, you will get sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
What can you expect?
This plan is 11 weeks long:
Week 1 - Test Week,
Weeks 2 to 9: Building volume and intensity
Weeks 10 and 11: Peak Training
Week 12 - Race Week
Assumptions of this Training Plan -
You already have already completed at least 12 weeks of base training.
Assumptions of this program -
Personal Best for 21km of under 2 hours 21 minutes.
Personal Best for 10km of under 1 hour 3 minutes.
For the run test:
You will need to have access to a 5km time trial route.
##Must have a heart rate monitor.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.