Lifelong Endurance - Coach Andrew SimmonsAll plans by this Coach
This plan maxes out between 40 and 44 miles at the biggest weeks, and starting with a 9 mile long run, peaking with a 22 mile long run. Traditional 2 week taper leading into race day. Optional Half Marathon at 12 weeks.
This plan offers challenging workouts, workouts designed to help you set your zones, hill workouts, continuous tempos, intervals, and 1 marathon specific long run. For athlete running sub 30:00 5K's most workouts will be inside of 70-80:00. Easy runs max at 6 miles at a time during the week.
This plan has 3 days off during the week. These are flexible days and could be used as crosstraining. The exception is during the peak weeks there are 4 optional 4 mile runs on Sunday's to extend mileage up to 40 miles per week in the peak weeks. All Long Runs are completed on Saturday's.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.