16-Week Marathon Training Plan
This plan is designed for anyone looking to run a marathon in 4 months, and improve on a previous marathon performance. I've used it with great success. It's best for flat or moderately flat courses. It is also intended for someone who has a good mileage base coming in, and is ready for some speed work. The plan assumes the runner is someone with a few shorter distance races under his/her belt, such as 5Ks, 10Ks and half marathons. It is not ideal for a beginner runner. The peak mileage for this plan is between 50 and 55 miles.
PLEASE NOTE: some of the runs are for time and therefore distance for those weeks will be within a range and may not be reflected in the mileage summary charts for this plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|0:37 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:37 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.