Triathletes Marathon Training plan
I am a GB age group athlete have used this training plan for my last 3 marathons and have twice run sub-3hrs using it in addition to my triathlon training, you should be comfortable running 10-15km before embarking on this plan.
This is a 16 week marathon training plan for triathletes to be supplemented with additional cross-training activities such as strength workouts, turbos, bike and swim sessions - although it could also be used as a basic stand alone marathon training plan if required.
Regular sports massages are encouraged during the training plan, I usually book a massage every 3 weeks during marathon training.
Make sure you take sufficient nutrition and hydration with you for the long runs, the 4 x 20+ milers are the critical workouts I have found, i usually get straight in to an ice bath following these 20 mile runs, brrr..........!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:47 hrs||1:05 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:47 hrs||1:05 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.