Half Marathon - Moderate 12 Week Run Up Training Plan
Dave BurgessAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for those who are coming into their training with a little bit of running experience and are looking to up from a basic plan to one that will improve their half marathon result. This plan is managable for most runners with a fair amount of experience - even those with limited time for training.
The recovery days in this plan are Monday and Friday with the key quality sessions being Tuesdays and longer runs on Sunday. And to ensure that your training is of the highest quality, a regression rate test is performed in the first week of the plan, and a heart rate zone chart (provided) can be used to ensure your training impact is maximized.
There is a nice combination of both endurance based sessions as well as some great speed sessions in this plan. This is a great way to move up from a beginner plan.
All workouts are designed based on HR training zones so each workout is customized to each individual runner.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:49 hrs||1:45 hrs|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:49 hrs||1:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?