Half Marathon Beginner
This plan is great if you've been into running a bit, but have always wanted to train for a half marathon. This is a beginner plan for a half marathon but it helps to have a foundation of running beforehand. If you've never run before I recommend doing at least a month of walk / running a few days a week before starting to train for a half!
This plan is best done with a GPS watch and heart rate monitor (strap or wrist is fine) - workouts require heart rate data, pace and distance in real time.
This plan includes a free individualized race day pacing strategy - email me with your goal time and we can discuss what pacing will help get you to the finish line at your desired time!
This plan does not include nutrition recommendations, but I do recommend experimenting with what works for you before and during your run. Gels, chews, or some similar product are usually a great tool to get acquainted with because they can be stuffed in a pocket and kept with you out on the racing course. I recommend testing these out on your long runs before race day!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.