Welcome to the Runners Without Limits Half-Marathon plan for First-timers and Fun-time Finishers. This plan is for anyone who either is running their first Half-Marathon, or who HAS run a half-marathon before and is looking to have fun this time around. Time goals are not required, just a desire to get the miles in so you can cross the finish line with a smile.
At the start of this plan, you should be able to run or run/walk for 6 miles, and have averaged 15 miles per week for the last 3 months.
Prior to beginning this plan, it is recommended that you have participated in shorter events like 5ks and 10ks.
Tracking Device: ie Garmin, Polar, Suunto, etc. that can track miles, time, and heart rate.
Foam Roller or other recovery device.
Resistance Bands for post-run strength.
What is included:
15 weeks of training leading up to your Half-Marathon.
Email Access to Coach Heather for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Videos for participants to include training tips, workout breakdowns, Runner's Strength Sessions, and FAQs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.