Hans LammersAll plans by this Coach
Take advantage of your fitness and transition to a running focus for a post-season half marathon. This doesn’t mean that you should ditch your bike and wetsuit and triple your running mileage. There’s an art to transitioning as you work to maintain fitness while refocusing your efforts on running. Put simply, by continuing with endurance-based rides, you improve your cardiovascular fitness, which will transfer to running.
Since running is a high-impact activity, however, it is important to prepare your body for the pounding with some additional run workouts. While you may continue with biking mileage, swim workouts are commonly reduced when training for a half-marathon. If you have been working to improve your swim, however, keep swimming 1–2 times per week to ensure that form and efficiency aren’t lost.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.