Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
This 1:45 Half Marathon Training Plan has been reverse-engineered around the goal of finishing before the 1 hour and 45 minutes.
The training plan includes recommended pace targets and strategies for each training run.
Over 12 weeks, this plan builds up the mileage and includes two speed-based training runs per week. All details of speed and how to perform these workouts are included in the training plan.
Who is it for?: Established runners looking to beat the 1:45 hour mark!
How Long?: 12 weeks.
It includes 2 mid-week runs, 2 speed-based runs, and one long-slow run each weekend to build your max mileage. The plan includes one cross-training day per week and two rest days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.