8 Week Intermediate Half Marathon Training Plan
Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our 8 Week Half Marathon Training Plan is for experienced runners looking to ramp up their training for a half marathon!
It builds up your mileage over 8 weeks, and includes one tempo run per week.
Tempo runs are great for runners with a specific finishing time in mind; they help you to train towards that time.
Who is it for?: Runners who have run a half marathon in the past and want to ‘dust off’ their half marathon chops.
How Long?: 8 weeks.
It includes 2 mid-week runs, to be performed at a comfortable pace, one tempo run, and one long-slow run each weekend to build your max mileage. The plan includes one cross-training day per week and two rest days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|0:45 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:45 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?