10 Week Intermediate Half Marathon Training Plan
Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our 10 Weeks Half Marathon Training Plan is best suited for runners with some experience looking to improve their half marathon performance.
It builds up your mileage over 10 weeks, and includes one tempo run per week.
Tempo runs are great for runners with a specific finishing time in mind; they help you to train towards that time.
Who is it for?: Runners looking to run a great 1st half marathon, or set a new PR!
How Long?: 10 weeks.
It includes 2 mid-week runs, to be performed at a comfortable pace, one tempo run, and one long-slow run each weekend to build your max mileage. The plan includes one cross-training day per week and two rest days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|0:45 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:45 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?