Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our 12 Weeks Half Marathon Training Plan is a great plan for runners who have some short-distance experience, or perhaps are a little rusty and need to blow off the cobwebs prior to their half marathon!
It is a compressed version of our 16 week half marathon plan, and also includes the option of switching out a training run for a tempo run.
Tempo runs are great for runners with a specific finishing time in mind; they help you to train towards that time.
Who is it for?: Runners with some experience looking to rock a solid half marathon!
How Long?: 12 weeks // 3 months. This is an abridged version of the 16 week plan; if you’re confident that you can handle the faster mileage increases, this is the plan for you.
It includes 3 mid-week runs, to be performed at a comfortable pace, and one long-slow run each weekend to build your max mileage. The plan includes one cross-training day per week and two rest days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?