Marathon HandbookAll plans by this Coach
Our 12 Weeks Half Marathon Training Plan is a great plan for runners who have some short-distance experience, or perhaps are a little rusty and need to blow off the cobwebs prior to their half marathon!
It is a compressed version of our 16 week half marathon plan, and also includes the option of switching out a training run for a tempo run.
Tempo runs are great for runners with a specific finishing time in mind; they help you to train towards that time.
Who is it for?: Runners with some experience looking to rock a solid half marathon!
How Long?: 12 weeks // 3 months. This is an abridged version of the 16 week plan; if you’re confident that you can handle the faster mileage increases, this is the plan for you.
It includes 3 mid-week runs, to be performed at a comfortable pace, and one long-slow run each weekend to build your max mileage. The plan includes one cross-training day per week and two rest days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.