Advanced Half Marathon Plan
Are you ready to PR your next half marathon?
This plan is intended for:
-Athletes who have raced multiple half marathons or full marathons
-Male runners looking to run a sub 1:20 and female runners looking to run a sub 1:30
-Athletes who are serious about a PR, but have struggled in the past due to injury or burnout
The framework of this plan ensures that you'll build up your mileage starting at 5 days a week and moving up to 6 with 2-3 days of strength and mobility work. This plan integrates speed work, long runs, and gives you a taste of what our other plans can offer.
Anxious about getting started? This plan framework has proven itself over and over for new athletes - giving them confidence on race day.
What this plan delivers:
- Progressive plan to avoid burnout and injury
- Access to coaches via e-mail for plan questions
- 3 week periodization with a rest week every 4th week
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:04 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|0:22 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:12 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:04 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||0:22 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:12 hrs||0:40 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.