Beginner Half Marathon Plan
This plan is intended for a true beginner who is running their first half-marathon, even if it is their first race. This 12 week plan starts the runner at 12.5 and peaks at 25 miles per week.
The framework of this plan ensures that you'll build up your mileage starting at 4 days a week and moving up to 5 with 2-3 days of strength and mobility work. This plan integrates speed work, long runs, and gives you a taste of what our other plans can offer.
Anxious about getting started? This plan framework has proven itself over and over for new athletes - giving them confidence on race day. What this plan delivers:
- Progressive plan for new runners
- Access to coaches via e-mail for plan questions
- 3 week periodization with a rest week every 4th week
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.