Intermediate Half Marathon Training Plan (3-5hrs/wk): 16 Weeks
Mark ThrelfallAll plans by this Coach
This plan is designed for an intermediate runner looking to conquer a half-marathon in 16 weeks time.
It has been designed so that you may start with very little running under your belt, but within a few weeks you will be confidently hitting specific half-marathon pace workouts.
The plan is intelligently designed with years of experience coaching athletes with busy life schedules. It ranges from 3-5hrs / 35-57km of running per week, with well placed rest days each week.
Each workout is designed to work by distance, with time as a guide.
The programme includes a fitness test part way in, to help measure your progress and calculate your target half-marathon pace.
Workouts have been designed so that you may train using HR, feel or pace.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?