MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
A training plan for the first-time half-marathon runner or those who have taken a break from running and want to rebuild their fitness
The training starts at 2 hours and 55 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 7 hours and 56 minutes per week.
The plan is based on %MHR (Max Heart rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor.
This is a brand new training plan.
What is included with the training plan?
Together with this plan, you will get both sport-specific flexibility and core strength plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
What can you expect?
This training plan is 18 weeks long.
Weeks 1 to 8 - Base Training
Weeks 9 to 14 - Increase in volume and intensity
Weeks 15 to 16 - Peak intensity
Week 17 - Taper Week
Week 18 - Race Week
Weeks 10 and 15 are test weeks.
You would need access to a 5km running route that you can use without restriction.
##Must have a Heart Rate Monitor##
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?