Hypercat Racing, Rachel Sears CasantaAll plans by this Coach
Are you ready to step it up to 13.1 miles? You've come to the right place! Whether you run for fun, for fitness, to fit in your skinny jeans or to beat your buddy, this program will help you get to the start and finishline of your first half marathon. Maybe you have already done a half marathon or two and want to kick it up a notch, this program includes the key components necessary to take your training to a new level.
How do I know if this program will fit my needs? Read on, here is an overview:
Your 16 week training program consists of 3-4 runs, 1-2 cross training sessions, 2 core training sessions and two rest days each week. You have been running consistently for two to three months (3/week) and can comfortably run 30-40 minutes.
You'll devote 3 to 5 hrs of training a week. A heart rate monitor is helpful, but not required. A swiss ball is used in the core training sessions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?