Doug StewartAll plans by this Coach
A dedicated 12 week plan tailored for the unique demands of trail half marathons - up to 30km distance, written by an experienced trail running Coach and Mountain Runner, and ultra runner who has completed many of the hardest mountain races including Trofeo Kima, Tromso Skyrace, Glen Coe Skyline and UTMB.
Excellent for experienced road runners transitioning to trail.
It is 12 weeks long and features 2 or 3 build weeks followed by a recovery week and a two week taper.
Designed for trail races for events up to c.30km distance on trails and for athletes that are comfortable running for c. 2 hours. Great for those transitioning from road half and full marathons to trail with specific off road workouts.
Requires access to hills or a treadmill for certain workouts and a HR monitor.
Time based rather than distance.
Race day advice provided throughout the plan with downloadable guides.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?