Tony DoddsAll plans by this Coach
Setting out to start your half marathon training? Here we have a base program to get you started, fit and strong.
I am Tony Dodds an Olympic Triathlete from New Zealand. When starting off with training at the start of the season, it doesn't matter who you are, it needs to be controlled. Going too fast or too long early on will incur injuries.
Before starting this program you should be able to comfortably run 45 minutes. From here we build your strength up by using core and plyometrics, then slowly increasing the running to 1 hour 45 minutes by the end of 12 weeks.
You will be having 1-2 days off a week, including a bike or a swim to let those legs recover from the running side. Running will be 3-5 times per week, and by the 5th week bringing in some light Tempo work.
This stage of the season you have to hold yourself back, don't get carried away!
If you would like a more personalised program/ coach, I do offer this as well. Get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.