This training plan will give you a specific workout based on your max HR.
The plan is for novice athlete that aims to finish the half marathon and improve former races.
The first month is designed to establish a good aerobic base so be patient and don't run at harder than the plan.
There are three must workouts: Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.
Monday workout is various interval workouts.
Wednesday workout is a tempo workout that will gradually assimilate the pace for the race.
Saturday is the long run that is needed for building aerobic endurance.
Tuesday and Friday are also required for building aerobic endurance, but if you feel tired or hurting you may skip.
From week 3 the workouts will be progressed by length and intensity to build lactate threshold endurance.
I have added strength workouts on Tuesday and stretch workouts on Sunday. I suggest to not to skip these workouts as they will keep your body safe from injury
stay committed and the results will come.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.