10k Run Improver
Alex TaylorAll plans by this Coach
This plan assumes you already run, and may well have completed a 10k or half marathon and are looking to improve.
Ensure your Threshold Pace is set by using data from a recent 5 or 10k maximum effort. If you don't know it then do a 'benchmark' before the plan so you know what it is, and input the result.
Regards the Easy Days -
Don't be tempted to go too hard. The hard days will come. If you go too hard on your easy days then you'll struggle to hit the targets of the thougher sessions.
Easy Days can also be Rest Days, but they are a great way of helping with weight management (particularly if the sessions are done pre-breakfast!) and instilling a routine.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|4:33 hrs||2:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||4:33 hrs||2:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?