21km INTERMEDIATE Half Marathon Plan (GM)
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This is a 16 week plan for the intermediate runner looking to improve their half marathon time and continually beat their previous race times.
The plan is based on heart rate and time goal. Over the 16 weeks your your 3 runs per week, your weekly volume will increase. Weekly volume increases from 2 to 5 hours. The exceptions are the recovery weeks every fourth week where the volume is reduced to allow the body some much needed rest and to recover. You will be required to cross train on rest days, spinning, swimming, yoga, Pilates etc to aid stretching and suppleness as well as improve overall general fitness.
The plan is to start on a Monday, with long run on the Sunday.
The plan is written in easy to understand language based on pace and perceived effort. By the end of 16 weeks you will have excellent base fitness and be ready to run a half marathon comfortably
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?