1/2 Marathon Intermediate Plan on 20-25 mpw/h3>
"It's not what you get from your training, it's what you become from your training"
Who is this plan for?
Looking to take that next step in your training for a half marathon? This is the perfect step for an athlete who's gunning for a PR and can comfortably run 20 miles per week. If you're trying to find a plan that provides more challenge than a basic beginners plan but can't quite commit to 35+ miles per week from Day 1; this plan is perfect. If you're looking for a regular running schedule with speed work and a smart periodized schedule - look no further!
This plan delivers a 16 week training schedule
In 16 weeks you'll go form your first run to the finish line. This plan is designed to deliver confidence at the start line with the fitness to push all the way into the finish line of your first Half Marathon. This plan starts with 5 days a week of running with workouts focused on time then transition to focused workouts by distance. With a max weekly mileage of 40 miles/ week, a peak long run of 12 miles and a standard 2 week taper. This plan has built in recovery weeks so you can recover and feel confident as you tackle personal distance PR's week to week.
Make it easy
Still learning about running and how to read this plan. Let the plan tell you how far, how fast, and how often. This plan has integrated workouts with the TrainingPeaks Workout builder which means that once your zones are set your workouts are designed for your paces and ability. You can download every single workout to your watch and let your watch take you through the intervals, tempos, and even your easy days
Before you jump into this plan you should be able to:
- Confidently complete a 10K or 8 Mile Easy Run
- Confidently run for 45-60 minute4
- Have an appropriate amount of time to train for an event of this duration (4-6 hours/week)
Questions about this plan? You can find us on the web at lifelongendurance.com or email our coaches directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.