MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is aimed at the Advanced Level athlete who wants to complete a 21km Run in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The training starts at 6 hours and 45 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 9 hours and 52 minutes per week.
The sessions are based on %MHR (Max Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor..
What is included with the training plan?
Together with this plan, you will get sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
This plan is 12 weeks long:
Week 1 - Test Week,
Weeks 2 to 10 - 3 x 3-week blocks of Peak Training
Week 11 - Taper Week
Week 12 - Race Week
Assumptions of this Training Plan -
You already have already completed at least 10 to 12 weeks of base training.
For the run test:
You will need to have access to a 5km time trial route.
##Must have a heart rate monitor.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.