Ryan Eckert, MS, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
This is a beginner training plan for an athlete interested in completing a half-marathon road race. This training plan is geared towards the individual that is interested in completing their first race at this distance and has minimal to no running experience. This training plan is prescribed and individualized based on Rating of Perceived Exertion (1-10 scale) and assumes that an athlete has the equipment necessary to run. This training plan includes a mixture of walking, road running and resistance training performed in a gym. An athlete does not need to have a basic level of fitness before participating in this, however, it is recommended that the athlete has the ability and basic competency to run without pain.
This training plan comes with a few documents/resources that will prove useful to athletes while following along to the prescribed plan:
1. Instructional Booklet - Contains basic educational and background material that will help the athlete successfully complete the training plan and learn about the training process
2. Exercise Technique Guidebook - Contains pictures and descriptions of over 80 exercises that will help the athlete successfully complete training sessions prescribed within the plan
Basic equipment needed to successfully complete the run sessions within this training plan include:
-proper run clothing and attire
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?