Empire Tri Club 12-Week Half Marathon Training Plan
This plan was created by Empire Tri Club Co-Founder and Head Coach Alison Kreideweis (2x Team USA Member, 2x All-American Triathlete with 20 years of racing and coaching experience). This 12-week detailed training plan includes 4 runs per week, and 3 days of rest, crosstraining or optional runs. The plan builds from approximately 16 to 28 miles per week, including weekly coaches tips, helpful articles and motivational quotes to keep you on track. The four weekly runs include a "base miles / optional tempo run", a speed workout, a long run and an optional recovery run each week. Specific workout details and a Zone chart are provided to help you determine the appropriate effort, heart rate & pace.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.