Jason DelfosAll plans by this Coach
If you’ve ever found it difficult to stick to an intensive training plan for a race, or don’t know where to start don’t worry, you’re not alone.
For nearly all runners who have jobs to go to and families to take care of which of course means nearly all runners. it can be next to impossible to adhere to a training plan that requires you to run multiple days each week, many weeks and months in a row.
That’s why we’ve developed this 16-week training plan specifically for beginner level runners and people whose schedules don’t allow for running five days a week. This plan consists of three runs a week and one body weight strength session a week. THis plan is totally flexible and the sessions can be fit around your schedule and what ever day race day falls on.
The sessions are the minimum requirement and if you have time to add in extra sessions be careful to not overload your body too early in the training and build it up gradually also.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.