Half Marathon Training Plan, Intermediate, 16 weeks, with Functional Strength, by Pace & HR
Laura Marcoux: USAT Level II Endurance, Ironman Certified Coach, NSCA-CPTAll plans by this Coach
NYX Endurance Training Plans.
We’re a group of coaches who like to get our hands dirty. We believe in being in the arena, so that we can be the ultimate foundation for our athletes. NYX Training Plans have been created from our combined 20+ years of coaching experience as well as combined 28 Ironman finishes and 57 Ironman 70.3 finishes (and counting). While each coach has a different approach and coaching style, the structure of our plans is based on scientific, systematized progression that will best set you up for success and achievement.
About the Plan:
This training plan is a 16 week build leading up to a half marathon race. It is designed to build upon the aerobic endurance necessary for completing a half marathon, while adding a strength and speed component in order to maximize your performance and prevent running-related injuries. Run drills are incorporated to maximize technique and efficiency. This plan also incorporates benchmark testing to update your zones.
Coach Laura’s Keys to Performance
Endurance Training: We must increase our aerobic capacity in order to cover the distance and duration that is necessary for our race goals. Quality will always be emphasized over quantity.
2. Strength Training: Being a durable, resilient, well-rounded athlete is necessary for longevity in triathlon. Strength training is periodized and takes different forms depending on what phase of training we are in, but it is a consistent staple in the training program.
3. Mental Training: Maintaining a process-focused mindset allows for continued progress as athletes and as humans. Results are driven by commitment to and love of the process. We are never done learning, exploring, uncovering, and growing as both humans and athletes. Commit to being open-minded, showing up every day, and not being afraid to fail.
4. Recovery: Progression is a combination of build and recovery. The recovery phase is crucial because that is when your body soaks in the adaptations of training. Training breaks your body down, then recovering builds it back up stronger than before. There are many recovery modalities, but the most important concept is that you commit to resting both your body and mind.
Upon purchasing a training plan, you’ll gain access to Coach’s Laura’s athlete resource website, which includes but is not limited to: training terminology, guidance on zones, strength training videos and descriptions, tips for swim, bike, run, and mental training, race planning guidelines, and much more.
The NYX Mob and Discounted Training Plans
The NYX Mob is a subscription-based community of athletes who get to take advantage of NYX Endurance team benefits without committing to 1-on-1 coaching. For only $15 per month, Mob members get 20% off NYX training plans, access to our sponsor discounts and private Facebook group, along with many other benefits. You can join the Mob even if you are a member of another team or have another coach. Learn more about the NYX Mob here.
Email Coach Laura.
IRONMAN® and IRONMAN 70.3® are registered trademarks of World Triathlon Corporation (WTC).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?