Erin LockwoodAll plans by this Coach
The ideal candidates for The Lockwood Half Marathon Method are experienced runners that have completed multiple race distances and are looking to get faster and qualify to get into the Boston Marathon. This comprehensive program is specifically designed to get them over the top while tailoring to those who may only have an hour to spare M-F to training.
The 10-week program incorporates 3 weeks of Base, 3 weeks of Build, and 4 weeks of Peak volume that includes 1 weeks of tapering. Largest peak volume week tops at about 2.5x half marathon distance (~30 Miles). The program includes integrated recovery approaches to rest and harvest gains as well as strength training to build leg and core muscle necessary for running longer distances.
There is periodic field testing to assess advances. Comes with a companion 70+ page eBook with detailed instructions on how to qualify including race logistics. Also comes with a Running Performance Console spreadsheet-based calculators with the dashboard.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?