From 5K to Half Marathon in 12 Weeks
Dave D'Abrosca of Power2Tri Multisport - USAT Level 2 Certified, Ironman Certified, NASM-PESAll plans by this Coach
POWER2TRI: OUR EXPERTISE + YOUR GOALS IS THE POWER OF TWO
This plan is designed for athletes who are looking to make the move from 5K distance to a half marathon. The assumption for this plan is that you are currently able to run 3 miles.
The plan assumes that you have a running watch that allows the creation of splits. Most of the workouts will be based on HR, but some will also be based on pace. Both Threshold HR and Pace will be established in Week 1 and re-evaluated at week 9. A link is provided on how to set these zones in TrainingPeaks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?