MultiSportCoaching.co.zaAll plans by this Coach
This Training Plan is aimed at the Advanced Level athlete who wants to complete a 21km Run in under 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The training starts at 6 hours and 45 minutes a week and builds to a maximum of 9 hours and 52 minutes per week.
The sessions are based on %THR (Threshold Heart Rate) so you will require a heart rate monitor..
What is included with the training plan?
Together with this plan, you will get sport-specific flexibility and core strengthing plans.
You will have access to our FREE training tools to help you set up your training zones accurately.
This plan is 12 weeks long:
Week 1 - Test Week,
Weeks 2 to 10 - 3 x 3-week blocks of Peak Training
Week 11 - Taper Week
Week 12 - Race Week
Assumptions of this Training Plan -
You already have already completed at least 10 to 12 weeks of base training.
For the run test:
You will need to have access to a 5km time trial route.
##Must have a heart rate monitor.
If you have any questions, schedule a FREE virtual consultation through our website.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?