14 Week Novice Half Marathon w/ Triathlon Cross Training (great prep for IM 70.3 training)
Sara Crawford, Nitro Triathlon Coaching LLCAll plans by this Coach
This 14 week half marathon plan incorporates swimming, biking and weights as cross training and is perfect for an athlete training for a half marathon prior to beginning half ironman distance training.
Weekly training totals are 8 to 11.5 hrs per week with 3 runs, 2 swims, 2 bikes, and 2 strength sessions. The plan begins with a weekly total of 1:30 running, 2:45 biking, 1:05 swimming.
Fridays are days off for maximum flexibility (if something comes up during the week, that becomes your off day and you make up training on Friday). The training cycle is 2 weeks of build followed by 1 week of recovery.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?