Run - 5k Basic Training Plan (8 weeks)
Vision Quest CoachingAll plans by this Coach
This is 5k run training plan for beginning runners. It is not necessary to have raced previously, or even to have run previously. However, running can be a major shock to the system to muscles and joints not accustomed to load-bearing exercise. Several weeks of consistent walking will help ease this adjustment. Feel free to insert short walking breaks into the plan's scheduled runs as needed, especially in the first few weeks of training.
If you are a more experienced runner looking to improve your 5k time, this won't be the plan for you. However, Vision Quest Coaching will be happy to help you design a more specific training routine to pursue a new PR!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?