Beginner 5K Run Training Plan
Moving ForwardAll plans by this Coach
This is for the true beginner. Someone who wants to get their feet wet; kick start their activity plan with a 5K race at the end of a 5 week block. Candidates for this plan are healthy and don't mind cross-training 2 days per week. Athletes (that's you) should add in some mobility exercises after each session; spending 5-10 minutes with both foam rolling and static stretches.
Run pace may vary from day to day. Keep it aerobic; conversation pace. Your goal here is to build up your continuous effort. If you have to walk on your running days, remember it is okay to do so!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:03 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|0:58 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Day Off x1
|1:03 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:03 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||0:58 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||1:03 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?