5 km Schedule: 30 - 40 miles per week
Dan HolmesAll plans by this Coach
This is a 13 week plan suitable for athletes of an intermediate to advanced level. They should have completed the 10 week base building plan prior, so that their body is capable of performing the faster sessions included in this plan.
The sessions include:
The plan includes a taper week and post race week.
It also encourages strength training on some of the days not running,
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|2:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:00 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?