Boris RobinsonAll plans by this Coach
This training plan is designed specifically for youth ages 10-15 years old interested in successfully completing a 5 kilometer run in 8 weeks. This is a detailed 8-week plan, which introduces beginners into a formal periodized running program. The workouts will follow a periodization approach to your training. Included in this program are run workouts and general fitness exercise that will improve your running. The workouts are various drills, stretching techniques, as well as strength building exercises that will help improve technique, speed, and endurance.
Youth age 10-15, in good health with no health problems, or cleared by a licensed physician
Able to run/walk a 1/4 mile without stopping
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?